maanantai 6. kesäkuuta 2011

Freezing mouse pointer

After my last weeks tries, the tablet developed an acute case of mouse freeze. I was not able to use the Ubuntu side at all during the weekend, because without a proper keyboard I couldn't type anything with the on-screen one -- the mouse pointer always froze after less than a minute's use.

I did google a lot, though, and even found one Ubuntu bug that sounded similar to my symptoms. No direct solutions, though. Something about evdev version specific problems.

Today I tried again to replace the original hid_egalax module with a multitouch one, i.e. repeated the following steps:

  1. Insert USB keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-F1 to virtual console
  2. Add "blacklist hid_egalax" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-local.conf
  3. sudo rmmod hid_egalax usbhid
  4. Disconnect keyboard and connect it again
  5. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:utouch-team/utouch
  6. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:utouch-team/unstable
  7. sudo apt-get update
  8. sudo apt-get install hid-multitouch-dkms
  9. Unplug keyboard, reboot.

The result: not good. I was able to log on, but in a few seconds after that the whole system froze. I tried to plug in the USB keyboard but Ctrl-Alt-F1 didn't work. Rebooted by holding down the power button and checked /val/log/Xorg.0.log.old, found lots of lines like

[    73.104] (EE) eGalax Inc. USB TouchController: Tried to post event for non-e
xistent touch 0
[ 73.110] (EE) eGalax Inc. USB TouchController: Tried to post event for non-e
xistent touch 0

So, it really is flaky. I guess I'll keep on googling.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti